As a key member of the MIC Global Services Asset Management team, you will be responsible for supporting Asset Managers with Compliance, Commercial and Financial Management Services for our new and existing renewable portfolio. You will be expected to be part of the interface between the project company, the MIC management team and the various commercial counterparties during the operational life of the renewable energy projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Ensure that each assigned project remains in full compliance with all contracts, laws and regulations
• Populate and manage the on-going maintenance of internal compliance tracking system.
• Provide business services for operating assets including adherence with MIC Insurance, Tax, Legal, Accounting, IT, Safety, etc.
• Support the regulatory compliance function as needed. Including assisting with the submission of filings to regulatory agencies (FERC, NERC, EIA, etc.) and understanding the implication of regulations on the business.
• Researching and understanding ISO market rules impacting operational assets, assessing new or changing market design regulations and disseminating findings to relevant parties within Asset Management/Operations.
• Develop ad-hoc analysis and reports as necessary.
• Provide reporting and analytics on Asset Management/Operations activities to Internal/External Stakeholders on monthly project operational and financial performance and other reporting activities as required.
• Participating in Asset Management/Operations group start-up activities of new projects including pre-COD mobilization, commercial contract administration, regulatory and ISO compliance.
• Collaborating in the annual budget preparation process including incorporating input and standardizing budget assumptions across the fleet.
• Deliver value from assets by driving performance management and P&L results
• Computer proficiency with MS Office software
• Ability to communicate to diverse audiences including site personnel, suppliers and senior executives
• Experience with analytical and financial modeling, along with high proficiency level with excel
• Experience building Power Point presentations
• Good understanding of key accounting concepts
• Demonstrated problem solving capabilities and presentation skills
• Ability to operate efficiently and seamlessly in a cross-functional and hands-on environment
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requires of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree Required-Business, Engineering
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in Analytics of commercial development or management of energy assets
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO
• Previous experience working with energy assets or in energy markets
• Good working knowledge and understanding of operations, maintenance and electrical systems, applicable to wind and/or solar power technology
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position based in Plano, Texas. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. This position requires overtime and occasional weekend work as job duties demand. This position requires travel and may be with little advance notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, bend, stand, or stoop as necessary.