The Lead Ground Service Equipment Mechanic is responsible to the GSE Manager for the maintenance and repair of all FBO’s mechanical equipment including various facility repairs. This position is responsible for the direction of all employees assigned to the shift. All equipment is maintained in accordance with the appropriate weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly preventive maintenance programs.
• Maintain, repair, and determine repair and maintenance requirements of ground support equipment, vehicles, and aviation support equipment, including heavy equipment, diesel and gas powered equipment, and aircraft power units.
• Must adhere to all safety and housekeeping standards established by the Company and regulatory agencies. Maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
• Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Function as a Line Service Technician on an as needed basis.
• Application of the principles of the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
• Communication of work progress and significant issues with the Line Manager or the Operations Manager.
• Maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and enjoyable work environment.
• Coordinate and direct the activities of GSE mechanics assigned to his/her shift.
• Responsible for training personnel in proper maintenance procedures and equipment use.
• Advise and report personnel issues to GSE Manager/Operations Manager.
• Operate and maintain heavy equipment, diesel engines, vehicles, and otherwise be knowledgeable of electrical troubleshooting methods and technology.
• Inspect equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot problems identified by users.
• Perform equipment repair including portable powered equipment, aircraft power units, aircraft ground generators, tugs, and other aircraft ground support equipment.
• Perform inspection of equipment following contractor or vendor repair to insure proper operating conditions before release to users.
• Perform periodic and annual inspections and maintenance of equipment. Assist other mechanics in diagnosing and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Prepare required records and reports on all assigned GSE equipment, identify and order parts required, and provide assistance in training employees in areas of specialties.
• Enforce good housekeeping practices and uniform standards to employees.
• Operate fuel trucks, tugs, baggage handling and various other pieces of equipment as needed.
• As needed, this position will execute all duties related to daily line service operations.
• Daily quality assurance and accuracy of paperwork and auditing of repair paperwork.
• Any additional duties that may be specific or unique to your location assigned by Management
*Must provide your own tools*
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum one (1) year experience as a GSE Mechanic.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good organizational skills.
• Prefer knowledge have work experience in aircraft ground support equipment diagnostics and repair, heavy equipment repair, diesel engines, drive systems, transmissions, hydraulic pumps and servos, and general equipment maintenance specific to the identified equipment.
• Hands-on experience in the maintenance and repair of the identified equipment and be capable of utilizing the mechanical tools of the trade, including diagnostic tools, as required by the essential job functions.
• Valid state driver’s license and at least 18 years of age.
• Good organizational skills.